Happy Aloha Friday!
I have a secret. And while I was seriously contemplating keeping it all to myself because I think it’s that awesome, I know its potential and I just can’t do that. Plus, as selfish as I am, I’m looking for some company.
[Sweaty workouts = happy Haley!]
So remember how I told you guys that I got seriously sweaty after my kettlebell routine yesterday? Well, let me tell you all about how that sweaty-blissed-out Haley came to be.
You all remember when I first got my kettlebell, right? It was love at first swing, and I’ve been doing the Shred It with Weights video at least once a week since I purchased it. Kettlebells are the perfect mix of cardio, strength and endurance. I feel strong and have seen quick and noticeable improvements in my body with them; plus I would much rather do a kettlebell routine than monotonous sets of weights in the gym.
I’m totally hooked on them, but it’s hard for me to create my own routines, since form is really key with these bad boys and I don’t know many people who have gotten on board with them yet.
So yesterday I sought guidance through my incredible Sparkpeople community and stumbled upon a goldmine:
The LiveFit Revolution philosophy is brilliant – it’s right up my alley as far as fitness and health go! The program focuses on three pillars of weight loss: nutrition, community support, and fitness [utilizing cardio + a single piece of equipment: a kettlebell]. Okay, I cannot say enough good about this program, so I’m going to attempt to list all my favorite aspects:
- There are phases with the program, which Jason + Alysia walk you through, step by step. If you have questions, email them [they actually get back to you!].
- There’s a set meal plan to follow, which is outlined and gone over in detail. [The first six weeks of the program is a “detox” ].
- The fitness plan consists of cardio and four kettlebell routines each week. You fit them into your schedule.
- Each of the routines are recorded with a set of live participants [you get to watch their progress!], which makes the workouts so much more fun! [I was getting really tired of hearing the same spiel from Jillian…]
- Alysia goes over form and technique in detail and you literally get to see what she’s looking for.
- You only need two pieces of equipment: a kettlebell + a computer.
- Jason and Alysia are incredibly involved with all of their participants [they’re available via email + facebook, post on the forums + send emails daily!].
- Every participant is held accountable through weekly weigh ins. I am shocked by the kinds of results people see with this program and it’s so cool to get a quick check-in on everyone.
- It’s FREE! Everything from the meal plans to the support groups, to six weeks worth of workout routines, including the videos!
I’m not going to go into detail on what the workouts or meal plans look like because I don’t feel it’s my place to do so, but I am 100% sincere when I say it is totally worth checking out! For me, the only cons to LiveFit are that (1) the program seems to be made for individuals who aren’t already active [the program would be perfect on it’s own rather than as a supplement to an already-active lifestyle], and (2) the meal plan is very much focused on animal proteins.
But truly, the program can be whatever you want it to be! If you’re just looking for kettlebell routines, great! If you are a vegetarian/vegan, you could write to Jason and Alysia and see what other participants have done, or speak with your Doctor/Nutritionist for substitutes. Personally, because I’m active and know my body, I’ve modified my meal plan to include another serving of good carbohydrates while keeping the main principles [detoxing from sugar/useless carbs/dairy]. Again, Jason + Alysia are wonderful resources, so if you’ve got questions, just email them!
Okay, it’s not just me right? Isn’t this program freakin’ amazing??? I love that there is a revolution happening with free home fitness! If you haven’t already, you should definitely check out BodyRock, too!
Is it becoming obvious why I haven’t gone to the gym in months now?
I’ve gotten used to my 15 lb kettlebell and I think my body’s gotten accustomed to Jillian’s routine, so I wasn’t sure if I was going to feel the burn from yesterday’s Phase 1 Day 1 workout yesterday. Oh trust me… by the time I finished teaching my TurboKick class, I was starting to walk funny. And this morning my thighs and quads were blazin’!
Today’s workout was a doozy, too. Not in the holy-crap-I-can’t-do-this way – just in a I’m-definitely-gonna-feel-this-one-tomorrow type of way. The awesome thing about kettlebells is that I still have so much to learn that I’m excited to turn on the videos and see what’s coming! I’ll definitely be keeping up with this program, so if anyone else is interested in joining me, let me know! We could be buddies!
I’ll be back later with a recipe [I’ve been experimenting with some bars for Mr. Ben ]. In the meantime, I’m off to the pool to get my cardio in! Let’s hope the rain stays away…
Have you tried LiveFitRevolution, BodyRock or anything like them? Whether you have or haven’t, what are your thoughts?
Aloha Pumehana. Whether you’re here to find balance, wholesome recipes or inspiration, I hope you enjoy the posts. Please subscribe to Green Plate Dinners to receive automatic updates and be the first to read new posts for free!