Well hello, April! When did you sneak in?
I’m really excited for this coming month for a few reasons:
- I finish my practicum in three [!!] weeks,
- After this month, I’ll only have one week left of school before summer break starts, and
- I’ll be entering the third trimester!
I’ve never been big on spring cleaning – or any cleaning for that matter – but I’m actually hoping that the combination of spring and “nesting” will help me get organized this year. One can hope, right?
After last week’s quick Spring Break, I’m back in the swing of things! I feel really good about it [actually thrive better when I’ve got a routine and schedule to follow] because this is the final push of the semester! Nonetheless I’m glad Ben and I laid low this weekend – it was just what I needed to set me up nicely for a week of go-go-going.
A Few Highlights:
- Homemade plain whole wheat and cinnamon-raisin bagels were made and are now stock-piled in the fridge and freezer for my carbosaurus hubby:
- We took a trip to Maui Brewing Company to celebrate Ben’s birthday [and benefit native birds ]!
- Our house was brightened up with beautiful yellow flowers – a surprise from Momma!
- And, perhaps most randomly: we watched A Streetcar Named Desire [after hearing about a Stanley + Stella-screaming contest on the radio and realizing we actually own the movie, we decided to watch it]. I usually can’t keep my eyes open during old films, but this one kept my attention [possibly because I work in severe mental illness?].
The rest of the weekend was filled with rest, household chores, research and paper writing, and I’m glad to say that I’m now about half-way done [woot]!
The break last week was nice and all, but I really enjoyed teaching my kickboxing class again this morning and getting a couple of papers turned in! I’m off to put together a powerpoint presentation and then – hopefully – get a nap in before class!
Have a beautiful Monday!
Aloha Pumehana. Whether you’re here to find balance, wholesome recipes or inspiration, I hope you enjoy the posts. Please subscribe to Green Plate Dinners to receive automatic updates and be the first to read new posts for free!